Time for some Life Experience


The Book of Awesome cover.Image via Wikipedi

I am sitting in a professional development session for teachers at my school. Everyone has their computers and we are talking about virtual classrooms. The room is dark to accommodate the projector, which displays the webpage we are supposed to be on. I'm feeling like my students who are supposed to be following along but have been distracted from the main points of the class.

I've decided that now is the time to talk about experiences in life, and I've been looking back at my first blog and I realized that I left many questions unanswered. I wrote about wealth. I am not rich, and I don't have a lot of money, but I can say that I am wealthy.

I've come to another big realization. The Book of Awesome is worth reading. It reminds us of the small things that make life wonderful. It is the small things. I always want to be able to say that I am working towards achieving big goals (like running a marathon) but the little things make life worth while. Just take a look at some of the things on the list and I promise that you will smile: The Top 1000| 1000 Awesome Things.

My favourites so far have been: #967 Illegal naps, #982 Picking your nose, #973 Sleeping in new bed sheets.

I just want to say that, although I want to do great things and I want to accomplish all I can in life. I want children; I want to leave a legacy. It is truly and absolutely the small things that make me rich. Mowing my lawn? It's the fresh cut grass. Shaving? It's the splash of aftershave.
What is it for you?

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shin splints and on-line contests